Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This Stuff Pains Me

Responding to something from McCain the Obama people say, "“…it seems odd that Senator McCain, who bought the flawed rationale for war so readily, would be lecturing others on their depth of understanding about Iraq.”

There are so many things to hate about politics but at the moment what I hate is this formulation of thoughts that the Clinton's do like crazy, the Repubs do a lot but I can't remember the Obama folks doing until this week. . .The "I'm not really saying what I'm saying but. . ." The "It seems curious, isn't it curious, hmmm, what does it mean do you think that, I mean, I'm not trying to make a point but. . ."

What the fuck is this rhetoric? Where the hell does it come from? And why the fuck has it suddenly creeped into the Obama rhetoric? I remember the Clinton's constantly doing it at the beginning whenever Obama opened his mouth they'd say something like "It seems odd that the unity candidate isn't pulling as all together in a hug." And I remember last month with the Repubs, every time he opened his mouth, saying "It seems odd that someone with so little experience" -- You know, it didn't work for them so why would Obama adopt it now? Seriously, what is the point?

If you've got a point to make, goddamned it make it. Say "Senator McCain showed he didn't understand Iraq when he voted and supported the war and when he stated two years ago that it was perfectly safe. We don't intend to take him seriously now since he lost his credibility on it at that point." Make the goddamned point! Don't say, isn't it curious? like, I don't mean say anything but here goes. O, fuck, it just pains me.

Stop it. Just stop it! Make your points or don't make your points. Don't hint at your points. Don't try to lead th epress to your points. They're morons. We already know that! say what you mean. mean what you say. stop hurting us.

No comments: