Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thank you, Sleep

My god - Sleep! I had no idea.

Leah bought me some herbal sleep enhancing pill thingies, so I've actually been sleeping deeply for at least a few hours a night for the first time in like three years. Seriously, for three years, I've been sleeping incredibly lightly or not sleeping at all. For the last week, while I've gotten up a few times in the night still, when the dog starts pacing, I've also slept some hours that felt more deep than I've felt in a long time.

And the difference in my outlook is incredible. It's not like I'm a different person or anything, or all my troubles and woes disappear, or something. It's just that everything seems a little lighter and easier. Ah, thank you, to be a light-hearted again. The weight, the weight, the weight lessens. O, thank you, thank you, for sleep. All you people who sleep well - you don't know how lucky and happy you are.

I hope this continues.

No comments: