Saturday, September 20, 2003

On Monday, September 22nd

On Monday, September 22nd, The Playwright's Center will be presenting an informal reading of my new play, Music Lovers. The purpose of this reading is for me to hear the play -- with a pile of revisions I just completed this weekend -- in front of an invited, thoughtful audience. I'm hoping to discover where the laughs are and where the confusion remains.

The Center has gotten some good, professional actors for me, and, in an odd turn of events, Ciso Lobo will be coming up here to read the part that I originally wrote for him. Should be interesting to see him playing off of Minneapolis actors.

Here's the blurb we came up with (I hate writing them but this seems all right):

When a guitarist meets a woman in a crowded bar where his band is about to play, he believes he may have found someone who can help him escape from a life he no longer wants. But when the musical genius who shaped both their lives appears, they are forced to explore in barrooms and bedrooms how hard real change can be, and how much it can hurt.

Stop by the Playwright's Center of Minneapolis Monday at 7:30, if you're swingin' through this midwestern town. The reading is free. I have no idea what a plane ticket costs.

Much love.

No comments: