Thursday, March 13, 2008

More Stupid Press Commentary

Does anyone actually know anyone who voted for or will vote for either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama because of "liberal guilt"? "Liberal guilt" in this instance is, I guess, the idea that someone went in to a voting a booth or caucus and somehow got a rush out of making an entirely symbolic vote that somehow stands in for reparations for years of oppression?

Do you know anyone who you even think will this? Like, "I don't really think he or she is qualified, AND I may not even like him or her on an emotional level, BUT I am going to vote for [fill in the blank] because I" well, it's hard for me to even imagine the logic "because I feel that I must. Or I should. Or I get an adrenaline rush from it. Or - " O, please, come on. . . What the Fuck?

Wait - I'll try to be fair. Maybe its subconscious. Maybe I subconsciously like Barack Obama because I feel as though I have to atone for the sins of America. . . Of course, while I recognize that America has committed sins, and I don't feel good about them, I have never even come close to an inclining of a thought of doing something blatantly symbolic and wasteful in order to atone for those sins. What the fuck?

Hey, whatever, maybe it is subconscious. . . But even if it is - unless the press starts showing me their ph'd in psychologym then they should shut up about it too.

Not that it pains me that much -- unless you believe that any stupidity makes us all stupider even when we ignore it -- it's just I'm procrastinating from other work.

I'm really enjoying the steam blowing-offness of this blog. Cool.

My apologies to the strange but affectionate folk who actually read this. I'm sort of still pretending that you only exist in the abstract.

No comments: